$25,000 HomeBuilder Grant
HomeBuilder provides eligible owner-occupiers (including first home buyers) with a grant of $25,000 to build a new home or substantially renovate an existing home. HomeBuilder will assist the residential construction market by encouraging the commencement of new home builds and renovations.
Note: You will be able to apply for HomeBuilder when the relevant State or Territory Government that you live in, or plan to live in, signs the National Partnership Agreement with the Commonwealth Government.
Information on when and how you will be able to apply will become available through the relevant State or Territory revenue office in due course.
$5000 Regional Home Building Boost
The Regional Home Building Boost Grant is an initiative to help home owners in regional Queensland into their new home sooner by providing a one-off payment of $5,000 towards the purchase or construction of a brand-new house, unit or townhouse (valued at less than $750,000), for an eligible transaction entered between 16 June 2020 and 31 December 2020.
The grant encourages investment in regional new housing markets and provides support to the property and construction industry, addressing housing supply issues, and assisting home owners by making new home ownership more affordable.
Eligibility - To be eligible for the grant:
• You must be at least 18 years of age.
• You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (or applying with someone who is).
• You or your spouse must not have received a prior Regional Home Building Boost Grant.
• You must be buying or building a brand new home.
• The value of the home including the land is less than $750,000.
• You must move into the new home as your principal place of residence within 1 year of the completed transaction and live there continuously for 6 months.
The grant will be available for eligible transactions in the regional Queensland areas of Cairns, Central Queensland, Toowoomba, Darling Downs Maranoa, Mackay-Isaac-Whitsunday, Queensland-outback, Townsville and Wide Bay.
Eligible transactions include:
• a contract to purchase a new home including a substantially renovated home
• a contract to build a new home
• the building of a new home by an owner-builder People building their first home may also be eligible for the Queensland First Home Owner Grant.
The Queensland First Home Owners’ Grant is a state government initiative to help first homeowners get their new first home sooner. Eligible buyers will redeem $15,000 towards buying or building their first new house.Find out more